Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween 2009


Wow, it has been forever since I have posted. I am trying to get back on the ball. So I am going to start with Halloween and hopefully do a recap of the last couple months in a day or two. So stay tuned.
This year I learned that the kids need to decided costumes no later that Oct 1. We were running around the Thursday before trying to find costume stuff and borrowing from Gma H and Aunt Lanette (Thank you). When all was said and done, I thought they looked great.
Bubba was Captain Jack Sparrow, Loopy was a Gypsy, Monkey was a ladybug, Princess was a princess, Bubba was a 50's greaser and Superman was Scooby Doo.

We started the Halloween weekend with a party at Gma H's Friday night. We had pumpkin shaped pizza, witch finger bread sticks and a yummy pumpkin cake dessert. Gma and I each had the kids make a treat to go along with the theme. The kids made monster cupcakes and witches.

LoopyBubba decided to think "out of the box" and honor his father with this edible creation.
Monkey and Loopy and their witches
Gma H gave the kids a fun halloween gift bag. These glasses were part of it.

Loopy, Monkey and Princess
Zebra and Buck
Tiger
Peanut, Superman and Sunshine

Dave and the kids spent some time Saturday morning carving the pumpkins.


One night we had octopus, eye balls, and cheesy bones to help celebrate. Superman enjoyed it so much he ate three octopus.

2 comments:

The Brown's said...

what fun and creative ideas!

Linda M said...

I think I would have eaten at least 2 octopus or is it octopi?
Love the pictures! More! More!!