Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So proud of them...

and so very jealous. Monkey, Gma H and Lanette participated in the Freedom Run 5K on the morning of the 4th. Dave was able to get pictures below as Monkey and Lanette were about to cross the finish but Gma H was so fast he missed her.
Woohoo, they did it.
I am so jealous because I was suppose to be in the picture, too. All sweaty and feeling the wonderful feeling of victory and accomplishment. However, the Monday before the race I went to the Dr. and found out I had bronchitis and ear infections. He did not want me doing the race. Look out next year..I am so there.
Monkey came in at 36:37. She placed 27th out of 49 for her age group 10-12 female. She even has a smile for her dad before she crosses the finish line.

Lanette(without hat) did awesome. She came in at 47:56. Gma H can't run because of a knee replacement so she has taken to speed walking. She came in at 45:56.

2 comments:

The Brown's said...

that is impressive! I am so sorry you didn't get to run. it is so disappointing when you have trained and are ready. sorry chickie! I am running next year for sure too! young women can set up flags without me:O)

Linda M said...

1nieI will wait impatiently for next year, but will expect the same good times to be posted as well. I am most impressed with gmaH's times.